Q: Code b212d

asked by on June 28, 2017

Code b212d, what does this mean? Could it be causing my no start condition??

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

B-series codes relate to body control system fault(s), examples of which are door locks, seat controls, airbags and so forth. Such a code will not prevent the car from starting. If your vehicle is not starting (no crank at all) check for a dead or weak battery. If the battery is good, check for power to the starter motor with the key held in the start position. If there is power, you may have a bad starter. If there is no power, the starter circuit has to be diagnosed. If the car is cranking but will not "run", a variety of tests are performed to discover why. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. Once the vehicle is running again, the Code you are referring to will of course have to be resolved as well. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr