Q: Crank seal leaking

I was told the crank seal is leaking. I had liquid on my garage floor that was not pink, nor was it thick as oil. The mechanic I took it to said it was the crank seal. He mentioned the transmission.

Hello! I suggest getting a second opinion of the source of the leak, because a crank seal will not leak a fluid other than oil. The leak may be from a transmission seal, which is located almost "face to face" with one of the crank seals, so a leak from there could easily be confused as coming from a crank seal. I suggest having a certified technician, such as the staff provided by YourMechanic, inspect the leak to clarify which seal is leaking, and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Crank seal leaking