Q: How do I know which seat belt is unbuckled when the safety belt reminder light is on?

How do I know which seat belt is unbuckled when the safety belt reminder light is on?

The safety belt reminder lights are a key safety feature. They illuminate when either the driver or the front passenger does not have their seat belt securely fastened. There are two separate safety belt reminder lights, so that you know which seat belt is not properly secured. If the driver seat belt is not fastened correctly, a warning light with a symbol of a person and a seat belt will illuminate. If the passenger seat belt is not fastened correctly, the same symbol will illuminate, but with an illuminated 2 next to it. Both warning lights are accompanied by a chime.

Tip

Your vehicle can detect whether or not there is a passenger in the front seat. If no one is sitting in the seat, the passenger safety belt reminder light will not illuminate.