Q: Check engine light P0113 after replacing thermostat housing

asked by on May 04, 2017

After filling my coolant tank a few times it was clear that I had a leak. It was obviously an external leak from the stains appearing underneath my truck. I checked to find the origin and found that it was coming from the thermostat housing. I decided that I would replace the housing. I did replace the housing. Following my little repair job, I turned on the engine and found that my check engine light came on, so I checked the code. The code is P0113 which for the Ford is "[a] diagnostic trouble code (DTC) [that] is a generic powertrain code, which means that it applies to OBD-II equipped vehicles. . . When the PCM sees a signal voltage higher than 5 volts, it sets this P0113 check engine light code." This troubles me seeing that I just replaced this part. I cleared the code, so I will drive it tomorrow and see if the light appears again. I shook the new housing before putting it in and it rattled, and this had me worried that it could be faulty. Is this possible?

Manifold Temperature Sensor Replacement $94.36 - $258.56 Get a Quote

Hi There, This code relates to the voltage reading for the intake air temperature sensor. When the voltage is abnormal given the parameters that the ECM relies on (higher than 5 volts for more than 0.5 seconds), this codewill be triggered and the ECM will go into a fail safe mode. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your truck to repair this.