Q: Buying a car--2016 Camry V6 with 6-speed auto vs. Accord 6 with the CVT

asked by on May 15, 2016

I'm in the market for a mid-sized family car and I'm trying to decide between 2016 Camry V6 with 6-speed auto or the Accord 6 with the CVT. Which would be the most reliable? I've read somewhere that CVTs and Hondas are very problematic. Is it true?

Yes it is true. I’d go for the Camry by far. Those 6-speed autos are tried-and-trusted transmissions. They can last a really long time. For Hondas, it has always had problems with the automatic transmissions and the CVTs are even more complicated. They had problems with them. Personally, I would stick with the Camry and you’ll be a happy man.