Q: Buying a car--2016 Camry V6 with 6-speed auto vs. Accord 6 with the CVT

I'm in the market for a mid-sized family car and I'm trying to decide between 2016 Camry V6 with 6-speed auto or the Accord 6 with the CVT. Which would be the most reliable? I've read somewhere that CVTs and Hondas are very problematic. Is it true?

A: Yes it is true. I'd go for the Camry by...

Yes it is true. I'd go for the Camry by far. Those 6-speed autos are tried-and-trusted transmissions. They can last a really long time. For Hondas, it has always had problems with the automatic transmissions and the CVTs are even more complicated. They had problems with them. Personally, I would stick with the Camry and you'll be a happy man.