Q: Driving on freeway around 60 mph loud pop then truck died wants to turn over but dont.

i was driving on the freeway doing about 60mph my truck made a loud pop then completely shut off. after it wanted to turn over but wouldnt. help please.

If your Ranger has the 4 cylinder motor then you most likely broke the timing belt in the engine. Open the oil cap and have someone one turn over engine and see if you see the camshaft turning. It is not turning the the timing belt broke. Have the timing belt replaced.

• Driving on freeway around 60 mph loud pop then truck died wants to turn over but dont.