Q: What do the Maintenance Minder messages mean?

What do the Maintenance Minder messages mean?

Your car’s Maintenance Minder™ system is designed as a reminder system and a tracker for your vehicle service. It can display a number of different messages in conjunction with the oil life percentage and the wrench symbol on the dash (the actual Maintenance Minder™ light). Here are some of the most common messages:

1. The light will turn on and the percentage indicator will show 15% when the oil life drops to this point.

2. You’ll see a message that says “Service” when the oil life drops to 5%. You may also see other maintenance service indicators.

3. If the oil life drops below 0%, it will begin to show a negative number. This is the number of miles beyond the limit you’ve gone. The wrench light will stay on even if you change the display at this point.

3. What do the Maintenance Minder messages mean?