Q: What do the Maintenance Minder messages mean?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What do the Maintenance Minder messages mean?

Your car’s Maintenance Minder™ system is designed as a reminder system and a tracker for your vehicle service. It can display a number of different messages in conjunction with the oil life percentage and the wrench symbol on the dash (the actual Maintenance Minder™ light). Here are some of the most common messages:

1. The light will turn on and the percentage indicator will show 15% when the oil life drops to this point.

2. You’ll see a message that says “Service” when the oil life drops to 5%. You may also see other maintenance service indicators.

3. If the oil life drops below 0%, it will begin to show a negative number. This is the number of miles beyond the limit you’ve gone. The wrench light will stay on even if you change the display at this point.