Q: Noise when I accelerate and turn right.

Hi, I'm having a really loud sound when I accelerate or turn right, like a grounding/rattling noise and you can only feel it in the passanger side.. It goes away after the MPH goes up and up but it always make noise when accelerating or turning right.. I have tried myself to check what it is.. I really don't know.. I don't know if because of that noise my motor moves a little bit when accelerating.. What can you think it is and how much would it be the fixing ?

A: Hi there, It sounds like you have a failin...

Hi there,

It sounds like you have a failing constant velocity (CV) joint on one of the front axle shafts. When CV joints fail, they often make a loud clicking or grinding type noise, which could be interpreted as a rattling noise. They usually only make noise when turning or when accelerating, or especially when turning and accelerating. They most often fail after the CV boot that keeps grease on the joint tears, allowing all the lubricating grease to leak out, resulting in a dry joint. This dry joint is now susceptible to damage, and noise is a sign of damage. At this point, if it is a failed CV joint, the entire joint or axle will need to be replaced in order to fix this noise. I would suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, verify if this is the source of the noise, and make the necessary repairs.