Q: Electrical problems with speedometer, lights and tachometer on 2011 Mini Cooper Countryman

The battery in my car died out so I had it replaced. Then the speedometer stopped working along with the tachometer and fuel gauge. In addition to this, the turn indicator lights quit working. I tried plugging the battery into the cigarette lighter and it's unresponsive. Is this a problem with the blown fuse or something else?

A: Hello. Yes it is likely that there was a fu...

Hello. Yes it is likely that there was a fuse blown when installing the battery. The fuses that are of the most likely concern are F21,F40, F9, and F5. I recommend checking the wiring under those fuses as well. It is likely that your Mini's electrical system is suffering from a short or a blown fuse. If you would like to have this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect and repair these electrical problems.