Q: How do you cancel cruise control?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you cancel cruise control?

Cruise control is definitely convenient, but it’s not something that can be used all the time. You’ll definitely need to cancel it at some point – generally at the first sign of brake lights ahead of you on the road. Cancelling cruise control is actually easy, and you can do it in several different ways. Here are your options:

1. Press the brake pedal. You can press the resume button later to reactivate cruise control.

2. Press the cruise button.

3. Press the cancel button.

4. Press the clutch pedal for at least five seconds.

Tip

Make sure the Cruise Control light on the dash goes out. The Cruise Main light will stay on until you manually turn off the system or turn off the engine.