Q: Short Squeaking heard from the engine.

Short squeaking sound heard when coming to an halt after acceleration, or when putting the gear on drive or reverse, or when turning of the car.the sound is for few seconds and seems to come from the right vent.

A: Thanks for writing in about the squeaking s...

Thanks for writing in about the squeaking sound coming form your 2007 Porsche Boxster.

Typically this type of noise is related to a loose alternator or serpentine belt, but commonly appears during acceleration as opposed to deceleration as you're describing.

Without being there to test drive the car myself, or diagnose the problem in person, it's hard to pinpoint an exact cause. However, since you're noticing this while you turn, shifting, and while slowing down, the issue may be with a brake pad that is dragging, front wheel bearing, gear box or even internal in the fuel system (especially if you're Boxster is turbocharged).

My best recommendation would be to contact a local ASE certified mechanic who can test drive your Boxster and properly diagnose the squeaking noise that you are hearing.