Q: Car cranks but does not start

asked by on October 19, 2016

This car was overheated repaired every thing but still car only crank doesn't start and computer is showing fault for car access system. So I wanna know if there is any solution

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The fault for the car access system is displayed from the Control Module Car Access (CAS). The CAS is located under the dash by the steering column. Disconnect the battery ground to the battery and then unplug the CAS. Let it sit for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Hook up the battery ground cable to the battery. If the system does not reset, then the CAS needs to be flashed or replaced. If you need assistance with the CAS, then have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem and assist with needed repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr