Q: Check Engine Light - 200 Dodge Durango

Light has been on for 2 monthsi just bought it off my brother and got the code P0601 . Car runs pretty good and no trouble turning on. What can i do

A: When the Check Engine Light is illuminated ...

When the Check Engine Light is illuminated and you’re able to download the P0601 OBD-II error code, it typically indicates that the internal control module within the ECU is either faulty or not receiving correct data from the transmission, ABS system or other drive components. Typically, the way to resolve this issue is to have a professional mechanic complete a diagnostic scan to download any sub-error codes that might pinpoint what is triggering this error code, then reset the codes once the issue has been resolved.