Q: Car won't start. Battery, starter & fuses ok. Suspect relay behind dash is there an easy way to access this relay?

Repairman is of opinion that a relay switch located behind the dash is faulty and to get at it requires removal of dash. Potential expense if that is the case would be too much considering car age. Is he correct.

The starter relay is located under the driver side speaker in the dash, mounted to the firewall. It may be possible to remove the speaker and reach the relay. If you are not comfortable with the repair or would like a second opinion, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to determine the exact cause of your starting concern and give you a quote for repair.

3. Car won't start. Battery, starter & fuses ok. Suspect relay behind dash is there an easy way to access this relay?