Q: Car locked in reverse

My car is locked in reverse in the garage. I cannot put it in park to start it.

A: Hi there. You can be experiencing 1 of 2 th...

Hi there. You can be experiencing 1 of 2 things. Your vehicle's brake switch which indicates that the brake is pressed allows you to shift gears may be malfunctioning. These typically deteriorate overtime causing the shifter to be "stuck." Secondly you maybe experiencing a jam in the transmission gearing. This will not allow you to change gears any longer. I suggest having a mechanic inspect your vehicle's transmission for the proper repairs.