Q: How do you release the hand brake when the button is jammed?

My hand brake is stuck. I put it on yesterday when I parked my car. Today I cant press the button and make the hand brake go down.

A: Sometimes if you pull up on the parking bra...

Sometimes if you pull up on the parking brake too hard then it may be hard to release. The easiest way to release it is to push on the button while pulling up on the parking brake lever. It may be tough to lift lever but this is the only way to get it to release. If you are still having issues after trying this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the parking brake and assist with any needed repairs or adjustments.