Q: After jumping battery windows don’t roll up or down with switches only when operating convertible

asked by on March 31, 2018

After jumping battery windows only go up or down while engaging convertible top, all switches do not work

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Be sure you have not activated any interlock (safety switch, often a push button on driver side typically) that will disable individual window activation. A fault such as this is usually due to an electrical failure. If none of the power windows are working, it is possible the whole circuit is dead due to a short circuit that has caused a fuse, or fusible link, to blow or there could be a failed circuit relay or master switch. Whatever the cause, a Mechanic would simply trace the circuit, using the wiring diagram in the Factory Service Manual, find the wiring or device fault that has caused an interruption in power and repair it. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.