Q: My mini wont start and its not the battery.

I just put a new battery in it. There was some corrosion on the pos. Connecter that i cleaned off. It was not that. The car electronics start to work if you dont start it but once you do everything stops. There is also a clicking noise coming from around the passenger side underneath the glove box. If you open the glove box it stops then starts going again faster till you close it then it goes back to its normal speed. Not sure if that has to do with the problem or not but it just started happening since the car has been not starting. If you disconnect the battery it stops.

Hello, thank you for writing in. You may be facing several issues at once. Start by testing for power at the starter and make sure the power supply is readily available. If there is power to the starter, and it is not starting the car, then you will want to have it tested or replaced. If this fails to get the car started, there is another electrical issue in the vehicle that will need to be traced down. Regarding the clicking, there is a fuse box located near the glove box, and it likely has a relay that is failing (as they often click when going bad). You may also want to test the relays in the main fuse box under the hood as well. The wiring to the fuse box runs behind the glove box, and there may be wires that are being pinched when opening and closing the door. For help with further testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My mini wont start and its not the battery.