Q: Jerks while going up hill or between 40-60 mph.

asked by on March 04, 2017

Truck started jerking at 40-60mph. Check engine light just came on. Changed cam position sensors , didn't help. Feels like it's not getting enough gas. I have looked online and this is a problem with kind of truck.

Ignition Coil Replacement $116.03 - $516.36 Get a Quote

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a misfire in a cylinder causing the jerking or surging reaction you are describing. This is common with this generation of Ford F150’s and is many times caused by a faulty coil pack which produces a misfire when not firing in proper order or not firing at all. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your truck using a scanning tool which will help to narrow down what specifically may be causing this to happen.