Q: Trouble shifting gears

a rav4 car does not select gear to low gear, it only work on one high gear and reverse only

Hi There, Depending on the speed at which the car is moving, the transmission control module and computer will not allow the car to downshift to a lower gear unless the car is moving at a slow enough speed. This is a safety feature of the vehicle which allows it not to damage the engine and transmission when downshifting from a higher gear. If the car does not go into a lower gear when sitting still or at a very slow speed, this may indicate that something else may be wrong such as low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty solenoid. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Trouble shifting gears