Q: Car will start and not start

asked by on September 19, 2016

Ive been having some issues with my car not starting. Its starts up fine in the morning, but in the afternoon it doesn't want to start anymore. I haven't worked on it but when i bought it the guy told me he replaced the main relay, upper radiator hose, heater hose, radiator, and spark plugs.

I have seen may of these engines distributors get oil inside of them from leaking seals and this will cause failure of the crankshaft and camshaft sensors inside of the distributor. The distributor should be inspected to check if there is any oil getting inside of the distributor cap. If it does you’ll need to replace the distributor assembly. I suggest having your starting issue diagnosed by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, for an accurate repair.