Q: Car won't pass inspection due to various issues with shocks, strut, coil springs. Is it better to get both sides done or only one?

Car has 123,000 miles on it. Just got a very large estimate to fix it in order to pass inspection. Is it worth it to fix it? I feel like the estimate I got (from dealership) is expensive....but hoping to either hold on to this car for a few more years - or sell it before it has no value.
And should I also do the other sides that are not yet a problem? Here is the rundown--- I have a leaking right strut that needs replaced, do the left too? Left rear shock needs replaced, do the right too? Need new rear coil springs and Alignment. Oil change, filter, brake fluid, micro filtration and flush....not sure what all that means but $399 just for this part. Ttl quoted 1966. Please advise. Thanks!!

Hi there:

Anytime front end components are faulty, they should ALWAYS be replaced in pairs. Example; if you’ve got a bad driver side strut, the passenger side needs to be replaced as well. The reason for this is safety; and to ensure the vehicle’s suspension can be correctly aligned. Plus, it’s likely that if one is damaged or faulty, the other will soon wear out.

3. Car won't pass inspection due to various issues with shocks, strut, coil springs. Is it better to get both sides done or only one?