Q: Why does my car give a kick back?

asked by on October 24, 2016

When I start the car it gives me a kick back sometimes and also before switching to second gear it gives me a kick also

Engine Mount Replacement $115.56 - $1715.27 Get a Quote

Hi there. The most common thing that I have seen that causes this on your vehicle is a bad engine mount. When one of these fails the engine can move when it is started or when shifting gears. When this occurs it is as if the engine tries to jump out of the vehicle. I usually inspect the mounts for excessive wear. If you want to have this kick back looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the engine mounts on your car.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr