Q: rusted out subframe to point where inside is exposed on Mercury Mariner Hybrid 2007

I bought this used '07 Mariner Hybrid two months ago from Napleton in Arlington Heights, IL. I have driven it about 2000 miles since, combination of highway and local. I just found out the subframe is rusted out completely and broken (interior of it is visible) on the passenger side. Also the drive shaft and PTU are rusty too. My only hint at any of this was a sort of vibration noise whenever I drove, which didn't strike me as unusual (the sounds overall are different in a hybrid). The dealership that sold it assured me they did thorough servicing and replacement of whatever parts needed replacement right before I bought it. How would they not notice this obvious rust?? This is looking like an expensive repair ($600-800 for the replacement part and $200-$400 for the service). My warranty likely will not cover this. Any advice?

Of course, be sure you have no recourse through the warranty or any other written/contractual agreement you had with the seller. If you have to pay out of pocket, this type of repair can be performed on a mobile basis, potentially saving you some money. If you desire an estimate of the damage, you can make a service appointment request and the responding certified mechanic will explain your repair options and costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. rusted out subframe to point where inside is exposed on Mercury Mariner Hybrid 2007