Q: Car sluggish and wants to stall in 2nd gear.

The car is starting. When it gets to 2nd gear, the RPMS shoot way up. Then it starts to get sluggish, slows down, and slowly starts to shut off. Also, we cannot hear it go into gear, and we hear a plate or something moving underneath the car.

Hi there. From your explanation of the problem it sounds like you are experiencing the onset of a transmission failure. A mechanic would drain the fluid from the transmission and inspect it for metal or debris in the fluid which would indicate a serious failure. If the engine is actually turning off and stalling then you may have an issue with the fuel system. I would get assistance from a certified transmission shop that specializes in this type of vehicle.