Q: What types of lockout protection are offered?

What types of lockout protection are offered?

Locking up your car is vital for security, but what if you lock your keys in the car? We’ve all done it (or come very close). Thankfully, your car offers some important forms of lockout protection to help ensure you don’t lock your keys in the car. Here’s what you need to know:

1. All doors will automatically lock and unlock when the driver or passenger power door lock switch is set to lock and the Intelligent Key is in the car’s port (with any door open).

2. If the Intelligent Key is left in the car and at least one door is open, the doors will automatically unlock and the reminder chime will sound (when the door closes).