Q: Engine quit working

The engine in my car quit working. The oil light did not come on until after it had quit. I am wondering if it is a blown head gasket.

The engine quit for a reason and I believe, from what you have stated, that a failed fuel pump caused the car to quit, unless there were other like overheating or engine noise before the stall. The engine in these cars does have block and head issues that may be a problem but would need to be verified before we assume they are at fault. I recommend you have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come by and check why your car won’t start anymore.