Q: my car wont start. error shows up on dashboard

I had the transmission replaced now my 2007 chevy malibu wont start. the word error shows up on dashboard

A: Hi there. If this occurred right after the ...

Hi there. If this occurred right after the transmission was replaced then most of the time the issue is because the transmission position sensor was not connected or installed correctly or it may have an ignition switch issue. I would need to know which error you are getting to know for sure. Most of the time it is related to the transmission installation though. If you need to have this no start repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why the car will not start.