Q: Lights dimming, interior lights and exterior lights, and whining when rolling downhill.

I have the issues described above, but i changed the alternator just 6 months ago. Could this be something else than the alternator, or something that has to do with the alternator?

This may suggest a failing voltage regulator that may be allowing the alternator to be producing too much or too little amperage causing a fluctuation in the electrical system. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. When the voltage regulator is not working properly, this may result in the alternator allowing too much power to be delivered to the battery resulting in damaging wires and prematurely sometimes destroying the battery. A common sign of this is usually the acid inside the battery boiling causing the battery to swell. You may also smell a bit of smoke due to things potentially getting too hot. In other cases it may result in the alternator not supplying enough power to the battery, resulting in undercharging the battery or not charging it at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s charging system.

3. Lights dimming, interior lights and exterior lights, and whining when rolling downhill.