Q: Breaks squeek while backing up sometimes

Why do my breaks sometime squeak when I am backing up

If your brakes are squeaking they are either running low, or have accumulated excessive brake dust. When brakes run low, they will eventually hit the wear sensor which will cause a squeak when you apply the brakes. However, if your car is only making the noise when you reverse, I would suspect that the brakes have probably accumulated an excessive amount of brake dust and only need to be cleaned. I would recommend having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, closely inspect the brakes on all four corners of the vehicle, and cleaning or replacing them if you notice them to be excessively dusty or low.

Hello. Typically this occurs due to worn out brakes. The brake warning indicator typically makes more noise when going in reverse than when going forward. I would typically check the brakes first and replace anything that is worn. If the brakes are fine then it may have a failing bearing. If you are looking to have this repaired, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose this squealing noise for you.

3. Breaks squeek while backing up sometimes