Q: Engine runs but the car does not move.

asked by on March 11, 2017

Car was moving with jerks until it stopped and wouldnt move even though the engine was running. Had it towed. Then tested again and found that the car moves upon pressing hard on the gas and revving the engine but moves in jerks. Car does not reverse at all.

Check the transmission fluid level and see if its low. If the fluid is full and red in color, then the transmission is slipping. You can try flushing the transmission fluid and changing the filter. If that does not have any effect, then the transmission will need rebuilt or replaced. If you need further assistance with your transmission slipping, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.