Q: Will the crank shaft pulley still spin if the timing belt has busted?

The vehicle turned off while driving,didnt start back up.lm wondering if the timing belt busted, would the crank shaft pulley still spin.

If the timing belt broke, the crankshaft pulley will still spin regardless. The crankshaft pulley is what spins the timing belt, which then rotates the valve train assembly. Depending on how this happened and when it happened, this may have caused some serious damage. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your timing belt.

3. Will the crank shaft pulley still spin if the timing belt has busted?