Q: Fast Ticking sound coming from the engine.

Fast ticking sounds coming from the right side or in the middle of the engine! Doesn't get louder when I accelerate I can only hear it when I'm at park! I can kind of hear it when I'm at idle!

Hi there. To see where the noise is coming from on the engine, first try removing the drive belt and starting the engine. If the ticking noise went away, then there is an issue with a pulley on an accessory to the engine. If the noise is still there, then there could be a lifter tapping while the engine has low oil pressure at idle and the noise goes away as the oil pressure increases. This could be caused by the oil filter being plugged up or the oil pump failing. I recommend changing the engine oil and filter if the noise is coming from the engine. If you need further assistance with your engine noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.