Q: I cannot find the neutral safety switch. Where is it?

My car wouldn't start on Saturday would not crank nothing. I had a friend come over last night with a voltage meter and we found no power going to starter and the starter relay so he thinks it is neutral safety switch. I am unable to find the part to replace it on my car and cannot find anything online about location of it. Front wheel drive says its top side and rear says its under the car. Is there a diagram of location of this part anywhere?

The neutral safety switch on this transmission is called a transmission range sensor. The sensor is located on the right front of the transmission looking from the front of the vehicle. The connector should have an 8 pin connector on it.

In order to replace the sensor you will need to remove the bottom transmission pan and remove the valve body. The sensor goes through the the case from the inside.

If you’re uncomfortable with doing this job yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to service your neutral safety switch. Best of luck.