Q: power steering issue

my power steering fluid comes out the top of reservoir and the top pops off. do i need a flush or another power steering pump?

If the system was recently opened up to replace any parts, what you are describing is typically a consequence of air trapped in the system, and consequent aeration of the power steering fluid, which builds pressure in the reservoir. Check also for a defective or cracked cap of course. Once you are sure that all air has been expelled from the system, if the problem recurs there could be a restriction in the return line to the pump or a leak that admits air. If bleeding does not resolve the problem and/or if you desire that YourMechanic inspect and bleed the system, simply request power steering pump inspection - system bleeding and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. power steering issue