Q: oil light, security light, and battery light stay on after key is off and removed from ignition, whipers also quit working.

recently my windshield wipers quit working in my vehicle. i believe the wiper motor is ok because after they stopped (and stayed where they quit) then if i played with the switch it would work for maybe a second. then today when i shut the car off i noticed the 3 service lights for oil pressure, security, and battery stayed on and wouldnt shut off... i tried restarting the vehicle 3 or 4 times and still wouldnt shut off... i finally disconnected the negative terminal from the battery so it doesnt destroy my battery.

Hello. You likely have issue with your ignition switch or fuse box. More than likely it is a problem with your ignition switch. When an ignition switch goes bad internally it may cause other components to be stay on and drain the battery even when the key is turned off. I suggest having the ignition switch tested by a technician such as one from YourMechanic. Possible causes for your windshield wipers not working are a faulty window wiper motor or faulty wiper control switch. I suggest that a technician test wiper motor, wiper control switch, and ignition switch. If all those things turned out good it may be a faulty clock spring causing all of the issues that you have mentioned. The clock spring is located behind the horn inside of the steering wheel and plays a massive role in a wide variety of electrical functions. You’re able to find a technician who is able to diagnose your electrical issue here

3. oil light, security light, and battery light stay on after key is off and removed from ignition, whipers also quit working.