Q: My 2013 Chrysler 200 lx wont start.

The car turned on in the morning but then later in the day the car wouldn’t turn on, although all the lights work just fine high beam low beam interior lights. But when i turn the key it makes like it wants to but cant. The battery was tested and came out good, the alternator was taken out inspected and came back good, the spark plugs are all great. All the fuses are still working. And when the computer was put in. All that came back was the gas cap that isn’t working properly.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the problem is simply no starter motor operation the fault is typically quite limited. With a fully charged battery that passes a load test, or a new fully charged battery as required, and the immobilizer (security) system off - check to be sure the immobilizer is not activated - if the starter motor does not operate (i.e., crank the engine at adequate RPM) at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed and the fault found and fixed; or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. In scenario No. 2 the starter motor would simply be replaced. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If the starter is working normally, but the engine does not catch and run, the latter diagnostic would be the appropriate one to request as well. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.