Q: can overfilling the oil in a car cause oil on the spark plugs?

asked by on November 14, 2016

Hello, i just switched my spark plugs out of my car today and found oil on them, does that mean that the past owner maybe overfilled the car with oil and it maybe got on the spark plugs somehow? Or do you think that it could be something else? Thanks

Oil is leaking into spark plug well Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $636.71 Get a Quote
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement $100.87 - $1008.07 Get a Quote

The most common reason that you have oil on the spark plugs after you remove the coils is the valve gasket is leaking oil into spark plug wells. You will need to clean out the oil before replacing the spark plugs. The valve cover gasket should be replaced in order to stop the oil from getting into the spark plug wells anymore.