Q: p1112 code and p0112 code on the OBD2 scan tool

Hello. My nissan pathfinder stalls after starting. Pressing on the gas a few times while it is cranking helps. However, it doesn't idle at high even though the outside temperature is below zero. I change the MAP sensor, the engine check light disappear after a long drive but reappears a day later. Please note that even though the engine check light was off, i sometimes have to press on the gas a few times while cranking the engine. I just change the air filter and applied spray from a MAF cleaner can i purchase from the auto store . Hope that will work. Thank you. Wayne Jackson.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Both of the diagnostic troubleshooting codes that you have pulled from the computer relate to the vehicle intake air temperature sensor. The MAP sensor does play a large role in the way the vehicle runs, but this is a separate issue. The outside air temperature may be playing a role in the sensor’s lifespan, but these parts do wear out. Do to the P1112 code, standing for an intermittent signal from the sensor, it sounds as if the sensor is not communicating with the computer. The sensor is responsible for communicating to the engine what kind of environmental conditions it should tune itself to work with. Typically the engine would need more fuel and advanced spark when in cold weather. Look at replacing the intake air temperature sensor, and take any further issues from there.

3. p1112 code and p0112 code on the OBD2 scan tool