Q: 2004 Ford Escape CD4E trans sometimes it engages into Drive, sometime not 2004 Ford Escape

cd4e trans sometimes it engages in to other times it wont why is that thank s joe

Hi there - your symptoms are indicative of the direct drive/forward clutch drum failure - a fairly common problem with this transmission (CD4E). For further diagnostic assistance, I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. 2004 Ford Escape CD4E trans sometimes it engages into Drive, sometime not 2004 Ford Escape