Q: does a 2009 VW New Beetle 2.5 l have a timing belt or a timing chain?

asked by on August 10, 2017

does a 2009 VW New Beetle 2.5 l have a timing belt or a timing chain?

This engine uses a timing belt and not a timing chain.

A lot of paint is chipping off my car

There are many reported problems with the paint on certain Toyota models. Most of the time the dealership will claim it is due to environmental issues, and Toyota not issued any recalls or Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) to address this....

Service Park Assist light came on while driving and the car disabled me from pushing on the gas. 2009 Buick Enclave

Hello - first task is to get the problem codes that may or may not be illuminating the Check Engine light. The Parking Assist issue is limiting engine power to avoid big power surges while parking. This may require service...

Hello. I have a aveo lt 2009. Seems to be doing vaccum trhu the oil deep stick. a machanic told me to change pcv valve

This vehicle's engine does not use a conventional style (accessible) PCV valve. Instead, there is an orifice which meters the flow rate of blow by gases at a rate dependent on inlet vacuum. This PCV orifice is an integral part...

Car shaking and smoking

Hi there. The shaking and smoking issue you're experiencing may be caused by a fuel leak. Typically, if you look at your fluids or under the hood and can't see anything leaking, such as coolant, oil, or power steering fluid,...

Engine vibration even in idle. Check Engine Light is not on.

You're correct, your engine uses a timing chain. It also has variable valve timing (VTT). This system allows the engine timing to change in relation to engine RPM. A VVT fault could cause driveabilty issues both at idle and at...

Aux input is not working in the radio

You will need to visit a Volkswagen workshop to have the service performed. Their equipment will be able to determine whether the fault has to do with coding, or a malfunction in the radio itself. They will be best equipped...

Broken belt

Hello. Your particular vehicle only has one belt. This belt is called the serpentine belt. The serpentine belt wraps around all of your pulleys, driving the alternator, water pump, and power steering pump. When this belt breaks, the Battery Light...

2006 jetta 2.5 revs on its own in neutral or when clutch is in.

This problem of erratic and/or high speed is often referred to as "surging" or "hunting". The causes include vacuum leaks and EGR system faults, a faulty idle air control (IAC) valve or circuit, faults in the fuel pump control circuit,...

My polo 3 won't start when engine is warm or exposed to the sun for a long time

Hi there, The problems you are having with your vehicle, may not be easy to diagnose. Apparently, under hood temperature and ambient temperature both create the no start condition. Components can act-up with temperature change. Assuming no check engine light...