Q: MY CAR BARELY MOVES AFTER GOING INTO GEAR..

asked by on March 03, 2017

About a week ago I was driving my Ford and all of a sudden the vichale isn't allowing itself to move once it's in the right gear.. it goes into gear with no problems but the vichale isn't making a smooth transition from it's stopped position to driving point.. There hasn't been any check engine light alert nor have I seen any oil leaking. It was driving near perfect shifting into gears was very smooth so I'm trying to understand what this could be.

This kind of reaction is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.