Q: My check fuel fill inlet keeps popping up and I don't have a gas cap

how do I stop the check fuel fill inlet from popping up if I don't have a cap. and my rear parking assist keeps popping up as well.

Hi there.

The fact you’re missing the gas cap is most likely what’s causing the check fuel fill inlet to keep popping up. Believe it or not, the fuel cell is a highly balanced containment system that requires to maintain a balance of pressure inside the tank. The gas cap helps to maintain this pressure. If it’s missing, it can cause engine performance issues, but will always trigger error codes and warning lights to occur.

The best advice I can offer is to purchase a replacement gas cap and install as soon as possible. Once this is done, contact a professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to download and reset any error codes on your 2012 Lincoln.

3. My check fuel fill inlet keeps popping up and I don't have a gas cap