Q: Metallic rattling while driving coming from front driver side wheel? Did initially have grinding sound from a stuck caliper.

asked by on December 08, 2017

Metallic rattling while driving coming from front driver side wheel? Did initially have grinding sound from a stuck caliper. Managed to get the caliper unstuck. Few hours later brake pedal goes completely to the floor. Noticed no brake fluid. Added more with no further improvement. Now there is an annoying rattling sound that gets louder with acceleration. CV joint doesnt budge at all and brakes pads appear to be in place.

You will need to have the calipers and brake master cylinder inspected for sticking and internal seals problem. If the pedal goes to floor with no leaks then this is the master cylinder leaking internally by the piston cups.