Q: What does the Supplemental Restraint System indicator mean on the dash?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the Supplemental Restraint System indicator mean on the dash?

Your car is equipped with a supplemental restraint system (SRS) – a network of several air bags and sensors that provide enhanced safety for you and your passengers. It works in conjunction with your seat belts to help reduce the chance of serious injuries in an accident. If the SRS light is on in your dash, it could mean one of several things:

1. It could be normal. The light should come on during startup, and then it should go out after a few seconds.

2. It could indicate that there’s a problem with one of the components in the system, including one or more air bags, a seat belt tensioner, a sensor, or something completely different.

3. If the light does not go out, you need to have your car inspected immediately.