Q: My 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix makes a humming noise when the car is idling but if I turn the steering wheel a little it stops the noise.

My car is a 2007 pontiac grand prix it makes a humming sound when the car is parked and idling if I turn the steering wheel just even a little it stops the sound completely. When we are backing up I can hear it a little too. We were leaking power steering fluid and had 2 lines replaced but when the car came back to us the humming sound was noticeable. We are no longer leaking fluid and the steering is fine, never stiff or hard to turn but the noise makes me very uneasy. Every once and a while the Service ABS AND TRACTION CONTROL light comes on.... any help or insight would be great Thx

ABS Speed Sensor Replacement $103.84 - $582.33 Get a Quote

Hi there. The humming sound could be the power steering control valve sticking. Check to see if the power steering oil level is correct. Top off the power steering fluid if its low. Also look at the fluid and see if it’s aerating, as there would be bubbles in the fluid. The bubbles will contribute to a humming noise as the fluid is cycled through the pump. If you need further assistance with your power steering system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you. For the ABS and the traction control lights to be coming on, check the brake fluid and make sure that it’s full. If the fluid is good, then conduct a brake inspection and check all of the brakes to ensure that they are working and functional. Then check the wheel speed sensors to see if they are plugged in or disconnected. A wheel speed sensor can collect metal debris on the magnet and cause the sensor to malfunction causing the lights to come on. If you need further assistance with your ABS and traction control light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.