Q: Could I be having transmission trouble and alternator trouble?

Hello fellow Jeepers, I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4.7lv8 4x4 155,000 miles. She's been stalling a lot lately. Mostly after getting off the freeway and then sitting at a red light while idling in drive, but if I idle in neutral it's less likely to stall out but will fluctuate idle between 650rpm and 1300rpm..... We got an engine code of p1391(i think)but it's for "intermittent loss of crank position sensor or cam position sensor." I have replace both sensors twice with Mopar© sensors. It seems like this all started after I did a Seafoam© treatment straight into the brake booster. Sometimes I'll hear a rattling noise come from the engine area and my obd2 says I have a hydrolic pump failure. Also it feels like the jeep has hiccups in the front and rear wheels...(and also I get the death wobble but that's another story) My 4x4 doesn't work and my front drive shaft is taken out... Also, my headlights will go dim and back to normal while I'm parallel parking. Please help me!

Hi there. To start with, the lights could be dimming for the alternator is not producing enough amperage. If the battery is good and holds a strong charge, put a load on the battery while the engine is running at 3,000 rpm’s. With the light on, watch to see if the lights dim out. If the lights dim out, then the alternator is not producing enough amperage and should be replaced. Also, check the battery cables and be sure that they are tight and clean. Check the power steering pump and look for signs of leakage and aeration. This would indicate that the pump veins are not sealing properly and the pump should be replaced. For the 4WD not working other than the front drive shaft removed, there could be an issue with the transfer case, the front hubs, or the interlock switch. Check out the 4WD components and see whats not functioning. The shaking violently could be a tire issue, bent rim, wheel bearing coming apart, or a strut or shock not working. If you need further assistance with your alternator, battery cables, power steering pump, and 4WD system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Could I be having transmission trouble and alternator trouble?