Q: Is the idle air control and mass air flow sensor are related

It got a leak , not pass the smog test. And a lot of sensor come up the mechanic end up on maf sensor. Is that possible.?

Hello. The mass airflow sensor and the idle air control both service as inputs for the computer to make critical calculations. If the leak you are referring to is a vacuum leak, then yes, all of these components can play a factor. When air enters the system and it does not pass by the mass airflow sensor, this is considered a vacuum leak. If damaged or faulty, the idle air control valve can be a source for the vacuum leak. This may be the reason several sensors are effected. To fully diagnose the issue, you will want to find the source of the leak and start by making that repair. If the mass airflow sensor has failed, you will need to replace it. More inspection will need to be done.