Q: engine oil pressure maxed out at 80psi

Yesterday the engine oil pressure in my truck maxed out at 80psi. Does this mean something is wrong with the sending unit or the gauge?

Hello. This can be caused by the sensor or the gauge itself. Most of the time on your vehicle, it is because of the gauge. The stepper motors fail and cause this to occur. This would require that the instrument cluster be rebuilt or replaced. I would test the sensor first and if it is fine, get the instrument cluster replaced. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your engine oil sensors and gauges for any electrical issues.