Q: Bluish white smoke during smog, did not pass. Does stop smoke fix the problem?

asked by on August 09, 2017

Bluish white smoke coming out of muffler. Failed smog Smoke snap test, will stop smoke fixed it so it will pass smog

Hi there. In most cases, bluish white smoke is caused by damaged piston rings, or damaged cylinder head valve guides and is referred to as oil blow back. I am not a believer in "stop smoke" products, as they typically create more internal engine problems than good. If the vehicle didn’t pass smog inspection, it’s probably not going to by adding the stop smoke product.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr